James L Watt
I have been working as a 3D artist for 12 years and as an VFX artist in the games industry for the last 7 years. I have a good generalist background but have also specialised in VFX and technical art.
- Have had the responsibility for designing and creating all of the effects for an entire title.
- Created particle effects using both proprietary and off-the-shelf effects tools for mainly First Person titles and racing games.
- Involved with the design, development and implementation of effects tools and runtime systems for particle effects.
- Setup in-game logic for cinematic sequences using node-based and timeline-based editors.
- Worked with rigid-body dynamics and cloth simulation, both in-game and using baked animations.
At the moment, I'm working at Creative Assembly on Halowars 2.
Previously, I work at The Chinese Room and completed all of the effects on Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. This was a challenging and creative project and I loved working on the ethereal effects, bringing the characters and world to life.
I worked for Rebellion Studios, as an Effects Artist for about 9 months, mainly working on slow-motion effects sequences for Sniper Elite 3.
In 2012 I was travelling around India, Nepal and China, shooting photos and seeing some amazing places.
Previous to starting in games, I was in Australia, where I worked at Urban Circus in Brisbane, modelling and creating maxscript tools to create massive urban design scenes, based on real-world cities, for a realtime engine.
Before this, I worked in Aberdeen in Scotland, at Atlas Interactive as a 3D generalist for about 4 years, creating both 3D renderings for DVD presentations and low poly scenes for real-time interactive web-deployed animations for the oil industry.
I'm also a keen photographer and love to travel.
If you are looking for more details about what I've done, please have a look at my CV :